Derek Champagne is a best selling author and the CEO of The Artist Evolution (a marketing, design, and practice management firm) and is a consultant specializing in marketing development for dental and dental specialty practices across the country. Founded in 2007, Derek’s corporate brand is recognized nationwide with ongoing exposure in Dental Entrepreneur Magazine and in the Journal for American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons.
Derek works with practices to develop targeted message strategies for communicating with patient groups, and comprehensive marketing campaigns that take a holistic approach to incorporating the most appropriate advertising and marketing tools for soliciting a favorable response. In 2008, Derek launched Practice Images Builders, a division of The Artist Evolution focused on assisting practices with developing their brand image, online and off. Practice Image builders is endorsed by the AR State Dental Association. Derek’s co founders include Jordan Cooper, DDS and Dr. Stephen Graves.
Before launching his own marketing agency in 2007, Derek was selected to create a medical division for Damay Professional Marketing Group. Damay Marketing worked with non medical brands such as Dial, Crayola, Rubbermaid, T-Mobile, and more. As the division pioneer and manager, Derek was responsible for overseeing development of all local, regional, and national medical marketing campaigns from the ground up.
Derek was also a national sales and marketing manager for several years with MaxSurge Healthcare Solutions, a consulting firm specializing in practice development for Oral Surgeons nationwide. During this position, Derek developed a sales tool that was implemented nationwide for Orthodontists, Periodontists, and Oral Surgeons with advertisers such as Nobel BioCare, Kodak Dental, Planmeca, Thommen Medical, and more.
As an entrepreneur and musician from an early age, Derek has been studying messaging, advertising, and marketing strategies for over 20 years. While attending Musician’s Institute in Hollywood in his early 20′s, Derek focused on entertainment marketing where he managed and performed with acts for audiences of hundreds to thousands at legendary venues such as House of Blues, Viper Room, Whisky-A-Go-Go, Key Club, and on national tours. Sharing the stage with many nationally-recognized artists, Derek became comfortable entertaining and engaging attentive audiences.
Derek holds a BS in Business Marketing, as well as a Masters in Business Administration. Derek Champagne is a nationally-published musician with musical contributions to soundtracks on television shows airing on ABC, MTV, Bravo, Oxygen, and the E! Channel. Derek is also a Partner in a syndicated sports radio program heard on ESPN stations across the state of AR.
Derek is an active volunteer with regional chambers and committee functions. He enjoys spending time with his wife and two children, playing his guitar, playing the occasional golf game, and staying actively involved in his church.
Derek has been a public speaker and performer since an early age, most recently speaking at state and regional dental conferences.
Some Quick Facts about Derek Champagne
- Managed marketing and branding for dental specialties from NY to CA (and in between) in launching their new dental practices
- Is a musician with songs featured on soundtracks of several episodes of tv shows such as E! channel’s Keeping up with the Kardashians, MTV’s Real World, and other shows on ABC, Oxygen network, and more
- Played bass guitar in house band at world-famous Viper Room in Hollywood, CA when actor Johnny Depp owned the club in early 2000s
- Co-founded Practice Image Builders with Jordan Cooper, DDS and Dr. Stephen Graves, one of only three companies endorsed by AR State Dental Association in past 25 years (www.practiceimagebuilders.com)
- Guest writer contibuting dental marketing and social media articles to national magazines such as Dental Entrepreneur magazine
- On Advisory Board for Dental Entrepreneur Magazine
- Co-authoring e-book with a social media rock star dentist releasing in Summer 2014 titled: Social Media & Your Dental Practice: Growing Your Patient Community in the 21 Century
- Frequent social media blogger and hosting new Dental marketing, social media, and technology video blog series in 2014